"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chico

Today I am beginning to wonder if I am part snake. Last night was our big night out for dinner at Chico Hot Springs. I started off with some escargot and moved on to the prime rib...which is where I should of stopped considering that I couldn't finish it. But then the dessert cart was wheeled to the table. That is when the conversation in my head started: "You couldn't finish your meal so go right ahead and cram some more food into your stomach." which is exactly what I did. I finished with cheesecake. This is where the snake part comes in, I won't have to eat again for about 6 months. So if your in Yellowstone and are considering dining out I recommend trying the dining room at Chico Hot Springs. Great food, superb service and I guarantee you will not leave hungry.
This weekend was very busy in Yellowstone. It must of had something to do with the long weekend. Charles stopped in to say "hi" to me (I hope you got some exciting pictures) and I got an exciting e-mail from David who just got his first job in the Park. Mammoth Hotel will only be open for another couple weeks and then things will probably slow down a bit.
We are still waiting for some snow here in Mammoth. Thinking that I may be possibly jinxing any snowfall by excitedly commenting on any Winter Storm Warnings I neglected to mention the one we were in last week. I guess it isn't me because we got zilch with the 'storm'.