"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Bitter and the Sweet

Judy
It was a week ago that I got the news.  My great friend, Judy, will be leaving Yellowstone.  She has decided to move to Colorado and spend more time with her family.  I have to say I am extremely happy that she and her family will be spending time together but the selfish side of me screams "Don't go!"  But I understand and support her and I wish her great times with those she cares about and with those who care about her.  We won't forget you, Judy!  You will always be one of the Three Amigos!  or Stooges! 
Judy and Robyn
And what happens now?  Well, it appears that I have large shoes to fill, or a large taco scoop to handle.  I received the news today that I will now be the manager at the Mammoth General Store.  I will be leaving my beloved Yellowstone Adventures store and take my new post in Mammoth on May 23.  I will be coming to a store that I am very familiar with since I work there in the winter but now I will be there permanently.  I am extremely thrilled that I have been chosen for this position and I am sure I will be very happy being there year-round.  The future looks bright!

And what about the Adventure Store, you ask?  Good news there, too.  Andrea will now be managing the Adventure Store instead of the General Store at Bridge Bay.  Congratulations, Andrea!
So with the bitter comes the sweet.