"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Optics & Fly Fishing


Fox by Tower Junction

Rain, rain, go away. It continues with the gray, overcast skies with the occasional bouts of rain. We've decided that we need to have a Sun Dance (like the Snow Dance we did in Mammoth). Jack and David showed up today to start their Yellowstone summers. Dave, Ken, Jay and I went to the Nikon optics seminar and the fly fishing seminar. I had studied up on binoculars but it was nice to have a refresher on the topic. Admittedly, I didn't know much about fly fishing and I have just scratched the surface with the seminar. I'm fascinated by the names of the flies and I would love the chance to actually try casting a fly sometime. I do have visions of me whipping the line around and ending up in a tangled mess of fishing line that I'll have to cut my way out of.

I took an evening drive and managed to see a fox by Tower Junction. But mostly I saw raindrops on my windshield.


Bison Calf by Madison