"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, July 31, 2009

The Night the Bison Charged


I snapped this picture of the group as I walked away from them. That was about 1 minute before the bison charged. Since then I have been contacted by someone who was in the group also. He had been searching youtube for the video we all assumed would be posted on the incident (he hasn't found one either) when he came across my blog. He wrote about his experience that night and he also concluded that it was one of the most terrifying experiences in his life. Because of that night I am sporting a bison pin on my work uniform so I will always remember it (like I could really forget that night).