"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm Baaaack

I finally made it back to YNP after a 15 hour drive. Postings will be sporatic at best until I get settled in and start work. My greeting when I first pulled in was some bugling elk right across from my new place. I stepped out of my car and I didn't even get my door closed before they started. I guess it was my welcome home bugles. An hour later I heard a pack of coyotes singing.

Yesterday I headed into Bozeman for some grocery shopping and stopped to watch a couple coyotes wandering around north of Gardiner. When I got back I unpacked some more and started to make my new place more homey.

This morning I started toward Canyon to stop in the Adventure Store and say hi to my some of my summer co-workers who will be working there until Nov. 1. In a lake at Swan Lake Flats I watched about 25 swans swim. Great image with the snowy mountain as the background. Farther on I saw the Magnificent One and his friend standing in the sun off the side of the road. It's great to see old friends.........beast and human. My next stop will be Hayden Valley.

It feels great to be back!