"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, February 12, 2010

Whatever you are, be a good one.

Since today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday I thought it would be quite fitting to have today's title be one of his famous quotes. And could Lincoln pump out some thought provoking quotes. This particular one is straight and to the point but I've always been a fan of his quote:

And in the end its not the years in a life but the life in the years.

With the lack of anything substantial to report from here I thought I could just take a few moments to take my hat off (my Yellowstone National Park hat that I wear in the Fountain at work) and salute Abraham Lincoln. And yes, I will try to be a good one.