"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, December 27, 2010

300th Post


This is my 300th post of Robyn in Yellowstone and I am 2300 miles away from Yellowstone. I am wearing a nice pair of wool socks with a bison on them with the word Yellowstone so I still have a part of Yellowstone with me. These warm socks are coming in handy as I have just experienced a huge blizzard that shut down all of New York City. And this 'ol Minnesota and Yellowstone gal is in awe of this storm. I have never experienced anything quite like it. With some areas getting up to 30 inches and winds topping 60 mph in some places it really socked NYC. It was the drifting that I found incredible. The 3 feet of snow that hit Mammoth on Thankgiving doesn't compare to what I've seen in this urban blizzard. It's crazy.