"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Going Home

Denise and I doing our favorite activity: ATVing in the Smokey Hills State Forest.


The Man of the Hour today was my son Benjamin. He graduated from high school and will be heading to the University of Minnesota for pre-med in September. He has completed 1 year of college while in high school and has also received scholarships and grants that will cover his entire sophomore year. He has also been accepted in the Honor Society of Biological Sciences at the U of M. I'm a proud mama.

Wild animals from Wyoming become farm animals in Minnesota. There are both bison and elk farms in this area (as well as emu and yak farms). As I passed a bison farm the the other day I had to smile to myself as I saw a vehicle pulled over and the driver taking pictures of the bison. I assume they had never been to Yellowstone.

My cell phone decided to wait until I was on a cross country trip to die. With 11 months left on my cell plan I was reduced to paying for a brand new phone. I got it just in time for Jackie and John to text me from Yellowstone to tell me that it was snowing there.

Tomorrow morning at 5:00 I will be leaving Minnesota. Though it was great to get back here to visit family and friends I am looking forward to going home ~ my home in Yellowstone National Park.