"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, May 22, 2009

Tidbits

I haven't managed to upload any pictures onto the blog yet. Hopefully that will be coming soon. I haven't had the chance to bring my laptop down to the rec. room to see if my Wi Fi is hooked up yet. I'm still using the employee computer but I am told that the Wi Fi really isn't that much quicker.

I have learned that the white wolf that I have a picture of on this site was killed last year by another pack. She was the alpha female of her pack (I'll get back to you later on what pack she was from). The wolf I saw by Canyon earlier this week is from the Molly Pack and the black wolves I have seen in Lamar are from the Slough Creek Pack.

I have become the YNP equivalent of the game show models ~ minus the glitz and glamour. Employees have been instructed not to point at things but rather guide the guests with an open palm. In some countries using the index finger to point is like 'giving the finger'. At first I felt a tiny bit silly doing it but now I'm an old pro. I might just continue using this method from now on. I appear so much more cultured doing it this way....or a flight attendant wannabe.