"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thermal Feature Accident

On Sunday, while on a ranger led program, the ranger broke through the crust and his leg went into a thermal feature up to his knee. It is the spouse of one of my co-workers and it happened by Canyon and is one of the rangers that led the evening program I attended on fires. Supposably he went to Lake Clinic, on to Mammoth Clinic and then was flown to Salt Lake City and is now in Jackson Hole. You know how stories go, it will probably change, but that is what I know of the inicdent at this time. We are all hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

Altitude Sickness took down our newest employee, Mike. He seems to be doing better now. I am glad that I haven't experienced any sickness since being here.

Thursday, Friday & Saturday our store will be having a sidewalk sale. I will be working outside during the sale (bug spray provided) and I'm expecting it to be a fun time. I have Thursday off so I will only work 2 days of the sale. I already looked through some of the boxes that were shipped to us for the sale and there is quite a few interesting things that will be discounted. One can never have too many Yellowstone souveniers.

Carl had the day off yesterday and came into the store last night all happy. He had been fishing at Hellroaring and had caught 11 fish. He rambled off a bunch of names for the flies he was fishing with (I love the names of the flies.....wooly bugger (or something along those lines)). He's quite the fisherman.