"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, January 30, 2010

4 - 7

I found some time during lunch today to do some browsing on the internet. When I browse it usually doesn't involve anything fun, it is usually checking out weather.com or msn.com to find out what is going on in the world. And today I did get to google Gorgonzola, which turns out to be an Italian blue cheese made from unpasteurized cow or goat milk (Judy & I were were looking at the Chico Dining Room menu and needed to know what Gorgonzola Filet Mignon was). And what's this about Brad & Angelina? That is one of those stories that I'm ok not having to waste my brain space with.
Sometimes I stumble across something interesting, such as that Yellowstone is in a Winter Storm Watch from Saturday night until Monday morning. 4 to 7 inches is expected. I am fascinated by weather and I actually use to watch the Weather Channel for hours as if it had some sort of plot. As I've mentioned, I love snow so I really look forward to a good dumping of it though it may hamper my big plans to go to Bozeman on Monday - I was getting kind of excited to actually venture more than 1/2 mile from the Park boundary.