"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Howling

Hello to John! I hope to see you when you and your son come to the Buffalo Ranch!

Yesterday on my way into work I got to stop and listen to the wolves howling off in the distance. It is a mesmerizing sound. It could put someone into a trance. I guess that is why they use wolf sounds in relaxation tapes. It was a packed Taco Tuesday yesterday. Jeff had to bring out more chairs from our break room to seat everyone. I really enjoy those days when the Fountain is busy and I get to see those familiar Tuesday faces. We also got a new espresso machine in and we all got to have a taste test and were rather pleased with the results. I just might become a coffee drinker yet. Wednesdays are another busy Fountain day when the snowmobilers come in. I can make one mean panini.

This morning I went outside right into a cloud bank. It is still cloudy out but the clouds are up in the sky where they belong. The temps in Mammoth lately have been in the 20's. A nice temp for me. The Mammoth YGS gang is planning a dinner at the Town Cafe tomorrow night and another dinner in February at Chico Hot Springs. It's a pretty good group here!