"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

-10 Degrees

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned cold weather in my past post. This morning I woke up to -10 degrees. It has climbed up to about 4 degrees at this point. It is supposed to be -10 degrees tonight again. When it gets this cold the terraces really start to steam. I can see elk sitting on the top of the hill behind the store soaking in the sun.

Yesterdays weather was interesting. Monday night the wind blew hard and it shakes and rattles my place. Then the snow came in and it snowed and blew until later afternoon. I loved watching the snow mostly because I knew I only had a 1 mile drive home after work.

The other day elk were spread across the road and canyon just south of the Boiling River. With the road winding through the canyon extra caution had to be used. I found a few yesterday lounging on Opal Terrace.
As for my 'down time' in the evenings I have become a fan of the show Friends. Up until October I was possibly the only person left in the US who had never seen a single episode of Friends. I now have all 10 seasons of the show and I'm currently finishing up Season 8. Who knew it would take Yellowstone for me to finally watch this show. Last night I watched Grand Torino, my first movie in months. Otherwise my evenings are occupied with my computer and the washing machine.