"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Barney

I awoke this morning to some very sad news. My friend Barney, who I worked with at Canyon, passed away Christmas Eve from a cerebral hemorrhage. He was one of the nicest people I have ever had the honor of meeting. He always had a smile and a laugh for me when we showed up for our shifts together. I will miss Barney! And I will be keeping his wife, Becky, and his family in my thoughts.

It's still snowing here. The I-90 has been closed (along with other roads) has been closed from the Minnesota to the Montana boarders. Snowplows had been taken off the roads overnight but are supposed to start up again this morning. I originally had plans to be on the road an hour ago but now I'm continually checking the road condition websites. I don't know when I'll be able to leave but I have all my stuff ready to be put in my car.

I've passed the last day finding out about the wonders of Facebook. I've had an account there for quite awhile but I never did anything with it.....until yesterday. Now I'm finding (or they are finding me) old high school classmates I haven't seen in 25 years. It's amazing.

I wonder what is happening in Yellowstone.........