"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Kaylee came home Wednesday, a day early due to the storm that was coming this direction. I spent some time Christmas Eve snuggling with her. I had forgotten about all those cute little baby yawns and stretches but it quickly came back. Mom and dad are very tired with all their new baby duties.
I've also been doing some catching up with my friend Denise. Denise is my friend who came out to Yellowstone in August to visit me. She is hoping to convince her family to make a return trip this summer.
My daughter got a puppy for Christmas. More snuggling for me. She named the 7 week old puppy Squirt.
I also spent some time visiting some of my daughter's other pets, including Inca the llama.

And as much as I love a good snowstorm I'm not too pleased about the timing of the current storm in the Plains and Midwest. To the west of here and most of North Dakota there are Blizzard Warnings and there is the possibility of up to 2 feet of snow with drifts of 5 to 10 feet. I had planned on leaving Saturday morning but I'm not too sure if that will be possible. Currently it is snowing and the wind is picking up and that is only going to get worse as the day continues.

Merry Christmas!