"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm getting backed up with my replies to e-mails sent to me. Be patient and I will try and reply to each one as quickly as I can. I also want to say "Hi" to Kerry; Dragos in Romania; the Wheelers in Maryland; Ed from Hendersonville, North Carolina; Dennis in Massachusetts but formerly from Duluth, Minnesota and Al who is local and stopped in the store and said 'Hi" to me.

I took a quick trip into Gardiner yesterday afternoon when I got off work early. I saw the rams again in the canyon. That is twice this week and its funny how I've looked for them for two months and never saw them. There was also a coyote who ran in front of my vehicle as I came up to Mammoth on my return. This morning Big Boy made a showing by the terrace.

I have lived my entire life in areas that get frigid temps in the winter yet I just can't seem to get warm this winter. I think I'm still acclimating myself to winter temps and pretty soon I will be running out to start my car in short sleeved shirts when its -20 and not think twice about it.
My status in the world should be moving up within 11 days or so. My first grandchild is due on Dec. 21. and I will then move into the grandmother category with all the perks that go with it. Though most people associate their grandmothers with the smell of sugar cookies and apple pies my grandchild will probably associate me with the smell of Sulphur Cauldron. My phone is nearby at all times just in case something happens early. When I get that call I will head back to Minnesota for a couple days.