"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, April 16, 2010

Robyn's Brain

It's time once again to send out Yellowstone Greetings to Jonathan in Silver Spring, Maryland, Franz, Teri in Ogden, Utah, Todd in Gardners, Pennsylvania, Freda, Judy and Mary Ellen in Billings, Montana.

I've been reduced this week by proclaiming my best friends to be a stack of Post It notes and the scratch paper that I carry around that I call Robyn's Brain. I've been filling my head with so much information that it is dribbling out my ears so I am constantly writing notes to myself. Without Robyn's Brain I am completely lost and my computer monitor has become a collection of misc. sticky yellow pieces of paper with notes scribbled on it. I've also been told that I now have that classic manager behavior: I talk to myself. Some of my Mammoth friends have stopped in to see me and it's good to know that I haven't been forgotten by my friends there.

On Saturday a grizzly bear decided to stroll by the parking lot of Canyon Village. When someone came into the store and announced it the store automatically cleared of all guests as they swarmed down the parking lot with cameras in hand. I was gone at the time (a little R & R for me) but I hope that the people used their cars to go see it. I am now extra cautious when I go outside, especially after dark when I need to get something out of my car.

This weekend I went over Sylvan Pass and out to Wapiti and Cody. I hadn't been over the pass since last October. Cody was beautiful on Sunday, it was almost 70 degrees. It was perfect weather to walk Patrick's puppy Buddy and......er, lose my cell phone. While walking by the Cody Reservoirs my phone apparently fell out of the truck but luckily for me a good Samaritan found it and turned it in to a local cell phone company who paged through my contacts and found one labeled Mom & Dad which they called. I'm glad it is was found though I was ready to smash it in frustration since there has been no cell service here for the past 4 days.

On our way back from Cody I managed to snap a few pictures of 2 moose that were in the river. It was rather exciting since it has been quite a long time since I've seen a moose (Tetons in August). Later I took a few photos of a fox that was on the side of the road and then carefully maneuvered across the snow. What luck! Then when I got back I found my Sandisk in my computer.........not in my camera!! Which, of course, means I have exactly 0 pictures of the moose and fox. I need to stick a Post It note to my camera reminding me to put my disc back in it from now on.