"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Goodbye Mammoth

I was in the interior yet again this past weekend. There was lots of snow and wind and even a power outage (which thankfully was corrected right before my arrival). I took pictures along my route which hopefully I can post tomorrow morning.
I am heading into my last day of working in Mammoth. I can't believe how fast time has gone. I have met some really great people and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers: Judy, Betty, Connie and Jeff. Us gals went last night for our final dinner at Chico and I am sitting here reflecting on my winter season in Mammoth with a gut full of prime rib. It's time to say goodbye to the herd of bison that have moved into Mammoth. Goodbye to the wolves howling and running around by the Yak. Goodbye to the elk that graze outside the store. Goodbye to park service employees who faithfully showed up for Taco Tuesdays. Goodbye to the Xanterra employees who are trickling into Mammoth once again. Goodbye to Mammoth......
Hello Canyon!!!!!!