"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The bison that met me on the road as I made my way into work on Monday.
After work last night I stopped to snap a couple of pictures of the elk in front of the Mammoth Hotel.

And of the bison grazing in Mammoth.

This is the herd of elk that I watched race around Capital Hill last month when people climbed the hill and spooked them.

Electric Peak
One problem with living in Yellowstone is the technology difficulties that I sometimes face. I printed a letter on my computer, saved it to my sandisk cruzer and headed into Gardiner to print it off at the only place I know to have a printer that I can use. Alas, the programs are not compatible and I am facing a 1 1/2 hour drive to Bozeman to find a place that can print the letter for me. Thank goodness it is a beautiful drive but I hate the idea of wasting so much time and gas to just print a letter. Maybe I need to invest in a printer for my computer.
I have started my countdown to my departure from Mammoth. Two weeks from tomorrow I head behind locked gates and into the interior. The Adventure Store is scheduled to open April 16 when the roads open to the public.