"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Monday, March 8, 2010

Robyn in the Interior

I sit here in a blogger predicament. So much to say and so little time to say it. I guess this post will just be a teaser post. I got to ride into the interior on a snowmobile this past weekend!! I saw the Upper and Lower Falls, Hayden Valley and Yellowstone Lake from Lake Butte in all of its snowy whiteness. I saw swans, bison, an otter and was on the continuous lookout for bears coming out of their winter slumber. I will post more on all of this when I have more time.

I took about 100 pictures - but the bad news - the really bad news- is that they ended up being lost when being transferred to my computer!! I had a few choice words floating around my head at that horrible moment. My first experience losing pictures and some of what I consider my most crucial pictures to me. So I will have none to post from this great experience but luckily for me I have a memory of what I saw that is akin to a steel trap. And that will have to do.