"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Friends and Rodents

In the past 1+ years not only does my friend Terry get to be an extra in the movie Up In The Air (plus get to ride in an elevator with George Clooney) but he also gets to have dinner with moi and get a mention in my blog (Hi Terry!). It is always nice to have friends come to the area where I can catch up with them. Though Terry didn't get to make it to the Park I did get to have dinner with him (and try some very tentacley calamari - now that I've done that I won't need to try that again) in Bozeman. On your next business trip to the area plan on having a great tour of the Park.
I've decided some time ago that Gardiner is an interesting town to drive through. Not only do I have to watch for elk sauntering down the road but the deer also meander around town and sometimes I have to come to a complete stop on the bridge as they wind their way across it. It is a Who's Who at the local Food Farm where I seem to find people I know to visit with. I'm even driving through the Park or Gardiner having to be prepared to wave at a moments notice. I know I'm far from being from any sort of 'local' but it is a good feeling recognizing people and greeting each other.
For the past few months I have been tolerating a visiting rodent that I named Rodney. I only tolerated him since it seemed he would vacation at my place occassionally. And though I never saw him (until the other day) he left his signs on the floor about every other week and would then apparently slip off to visit another place. Then he made the fatal mistake of leaving his mark on the kitchen counter. Patrick to the rescue with the jaws of death. The kitchen counter was taking it too far. RIP Rodney.