"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Friday, September 18, 2009

And B-I-N-G-O was my name, Oh!


Jean picking out her BINGO prize

So how do YGS employees spend their Friday nights? We play BINGO. Every Friday night there is a cut-throat game of BINGO held in the EDR. For 50 cents a card you can win a few dollars and some really neat Yellowstone gifts. Tonight was my first night playing and I started off the night with a BINGO. Unfortunately, my G54 turned out to be bogus on my card and Dawn won that game. I eventually won a game and won $1 more than I paid for my cards and I got 2 gifts (a Yellowstone sweatshirt and a Yellowstone bag with a bison on it). Mike does a nice job with calling out the numbers.

Today I spent the day in Confections. That espresso machine that I was so wary of at the begining of the season is something I can now do with my eyes closed. I also sold fudge and scooped ice cream. I enjoy working in Confections, which is a good thing since I will be there quite a bit the next few days.

It was another warm day with lots of sun at Canyon. A few showers broke out to the east of here and a spectacular double rainbow appeared over the village. I have never seen so many rainbows as I have seen here at Yellowstone.