"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

In Memory of Sammy

This is not Yellowstone related but I wanted to take a moment to remember my dog Sammy. She was a 4 year old basset hound who lost her life to lymes disease today. People who know me know that I have a great deal of love and respect for animals. My first stint in college was for animal health, I've worked as a veterinary technician, raised orphaned fawns brought to me by the DNR, and raised and worked with numerous types of large animals. I am not an extreme activist or anything, I just appreciate how it feels to go to the store for 1 hour and come home to have a dog run up to me, wagging its tail and acting like it hadn't seen me in weeks. Animals don't have to love you, they just want to love you. I love you Sammy.