"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Steam Heat


One of the Reasons I Don't Just Walk Out of a Building Without Looking

This is Dorm Bison #2 (or #3). They both have making regular appearances by the dorms lately, I guess to keep us on our toes without having DB #1 around to do it. I knew he was by the dorms so I stepped out on the 2nd floor stairway and snapped this picture of him coming around the corner.


Steamy Bison

Though this picture doesn't really capture their steaminess but each bison in the herd had their own cloud bank this morning. The herd has moved back into Hayden Valley and it is huge. I found them south of Grizzly Overlook. I thought it would be a good idea to travel farther south until a portion of the herd decided to cross the road in front of my car. Not wanting to risk being trapped south of the herd when my job was north of the herd, I turned my car around and watched from a pullout.