"There is nothing so American as our national parks. The scenery and wildlife are native. The fundamental idea behind the parks is native. It is, in brief, that the country belongs to the people, that it is in process of making for the enrichment of the lives of all of us. The parks stand as the outward symbol of this great human principle." Franklin D. Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Snow


Bison & Bull Elk in Snowy Elk Park


Canyon Village This Morning

As you can see I didn't wake up to a village filled with smoke. It was filled with beautiful white snow flakes.

I took a drive to Elk Park (being from Minnesota I can only be drawn to driving around in the first snowfall). The lone bison was there and was in the company of a big bull elk. I was alone in Elk Park and I enjoyed a few quiet moments with them as they unknowingly posed for some snowy pictures. There was the occasional rumble of dump trucks coming from the construction area to the south but mostly it was just a quiet morning. Just me, a bison, an elk and The Doors.